Thursday, August 14, 2008

7 & 1/2 Habits tutorial

I just finished the tutorial, and I think the easiest habit for me is going to be creating the "learning toolbox". We are lucky that we have CML to support us in our community. There are books and technology available here to use, and we have access to timely classes. I also have a couple mentors who are encouraging me along the way.

The hardest habit is going to be "using technology to my advantage". Although I'm fairly young and am always enthusiastic about anything new at CML, I have recently been feeling "old" when it comes to new and emerging technologies. I don't own and mp3 player, we don't have Tivo at my house... and I am already nervous about this whole video blogging thing!

2 comments:

Gerald Schwab said...

You're right, we do have a lot of community support for us. I'm glad you have mentors available to encourage you along the way.

I still get nervous about some of the emerging technologies. I find that I have to play around a bit and make lots of mistakes just to understand how to use the technology.

btw: don't worry about the video blogging thing. Blogging is about finding your voice. I happen to talk a bit much and it helps to collect my thoughts.

I'm looking forward to being on the journey with you!

PageTurner said...

You're not alone in this. I am nervous,too. Maybe we can form a group for all of us Nervous Nellies!